Weight Loss for Women
Weight Loss for Women — Understanding the Four Body Types
Weight loss for women tends to be more challenging than for men, as women’s bodies are designed to store more fat. This is because they have the rounded, curvaceous bits that all men love, but that means they’re going to have to struggle a bit more if they want to lose weight. Understanding the four body types can help you to know what you need to do to lose weight. Each body type will have different exercise and food requirements in order to shed pounds, so read on to find out which body type you are!
Weight Loss for Women: The Four Body Types
Weight Loss for Women: Gynaeoid
Women with this body type tend to be very curved around the hips and thighs, but they have smaller or medium-sized shoulders. The size of their breasts will vary, but they trend towards the smaller and more petite size. The weight that these women gain goes straight to their hips, or below the waistline. They tend to have larger legs and thighs, which look much larger thanks to their smaller top half.
The reason that these women develop in this fashion is due to the presence of estrogen, which promotes development around the child-bearing parts of the body: the hips and thighs, and sometimes the breasts. The high levels of estrogen will actually cause their bodies to store more fat around these body parts, and can promote cellulite formation as well. Weight loss diets will shed the fat around the arms and stomach, but not the lower parts.
What can you do?
- Cut Salt, as it causes water retention.
- Go for protein, as it helps to build muscle from the fat.
- Eat fruits more than veggies.
- Drink lots of water.
- Cut sugars.
- Swim more.
- Get your lymph nodes stimulated.
- Shower in cold water.
- Improve your circulation.
Weight Loss for Women: Android
This body type is the diametric opposite of the previous one. The top half will always be larger than the bottom half, with your shoulders, rib cage, and upper limbs being much larger. The curve of your hips and thighs is much less pronounced, and there is almost no waistline.
Women with this body type tend to be much stronger than other women, as it lends to upper body strength. A large number of the female athletes in the world today have this body type. When you pack on the pounds, they go to your stomach, chest, arms, and shoulders, giving you the “apple” body type.
What can you do?
- Slow down your eating, as eating too fast can cause you to bloat.
- Eat more cooked veggies, lean protein, whole grains, and fruits, as they’re tummy-friendly foods.
- Cook for yourself, as processed foods contain lots of the fat and sugar that will make your tummy look bigger.
- Breakfast well and dine sparingly.
- Get lots of fiber, as it will get rid of the tummy-building nutrients in your food.
- Try Yoga, Tai Chi, and meditation to fight stress – which causes a bigger tummy.
- Tone those abs by working them out at least 90 minutes a week.
- Breathe a lot, and do plenty of aerobic exercise.
- Massage your stomach to help fight cellulite.
- Swimming can build your upper body, so dance, cycle, or golf for a good workout.
Weight Loss for Women: Lymphatic
This body type is usually accompanied by a good amount of excess weight, but it’s distributed evenly in such a way that it actually looks nice. Lymphatic women that are overweight tend to look like a cute and cuddly doll, as the weight spreads to their entire body. They tend to have slower metabolisms, and they usually avoid exercise. This is compounded by a lymphatic system that doesn’t work quite right.
Lymphatic women that work with a nutritionist will be best able to lose weight, as they need to watch the food they consume. Almost any excess eating can contribute to weight gain, but the even distribution of the fat means that they won’t notice it until it is very visible. Eating right is the key, and adding exercise will help to reduce weight.
What can you do?
- Reduce fat and sugar, as they lead to weight gain.
- Eat more protein, but try and get the lean proteins to help turn fat into muscle.
- Get more natural foods, particularly veggies.
- Cut those snacks, as they’ll lead to weight gain.
- Slowly lose weight, as starving yourself will not promote healthy weight loss.
- Do sports that require endurance, such as running, walking, or swimming.
- Do exercise that you love, such as dance, martial arts, or theatre. The more you love it, the more you’ll want to do it.
- Get up and move more. Add more activity to your life, as that will help to burn the excess fat.
- Give yourself a good full body massage to help eliminate cellulite.
Weight Loss for Women: Thyroid
Women with the Thyroid body type tend to be long and lean, similar to the way a graceful gazelle appears as they leap through the air. Most dancers and gymnasts have this body type, as their long, slim limbs contribute to making them very coordinated and in control of their movements. Their bones are narrow, and they have lots of lean muscle.
These women often drink coffee, smoke, and take diet pills in overdoses, and they have a very fast metabolism – which allows them to eat as much as they want without packing on the pounds. They will be very unlikely to break out in cellulite, but any weight they gain will go straight to their buttocks and thighs.
The good news: you probably don’t need to lose weight.
Understanding these four body types can help you to know what you need to do to lose weight. Losing weight isn’t easy, especially if your body type is more conducive to packing on the pounds. Once you know what you can do, weight loss for women like you will be much simpler and easier!