How To Get Rid Of Acne Overnight
Acne is something that plagues millions of people around the world, and men and women of all ages suffer from a constant annoyance because of their acne problems. Getting rid of acne can be fairly difficult, but there are a number of remedies that you can use to help you get rid of your acne, even overnight in some cases.
What is Acne?
Before you can understand how to get rid of your acne overnight, you need to understand exactly what acne is, how it breaks out on people’s faces, and what causes it.
One of the factors involved in an acne breakout is the bacteria that are responsible for acne, the P. acne bacteria. This bacterium attacks the skin, burrows into the pores of the skin, and causes the pores to get blocked up.
Another factor that contributes to an acne breakout is dead skin cells. The skin has a natural rate at which the cells die, and the body has a natural process by which these dead skin cells are eliminated. However, sometimes the skin cells tend to die off at an accelerated pace, which results in a buildup of dead skin cells on the skin and in the pores. When the body is unable to eliminate these dead skin cells, the skin cells get into the pores and block them from breathing. When they cannot breathe, the skin cells get infected, which is why pimples are such a bright, angry red.
A third factor that causes acne is the oil produced by the skin, which is also known as sebum. When your body produces too much sebum for any number of reasons, the sebum also clogs up the pores of the skin. This excess oil combined with an overload of dead skin cells is what causes acne and pimples to form on the face, and the white stuff in a pimple is a mixture of sebum and dead skin cells.
In order to get rid of acne, you have to find a way to unclog the pores, get rid of the excess skin oils and dead skin cells, and cleanse the pores. Getting rid of one pimple is fairly simple, as it is just one skin pore that is clogged. Getting rid of acne is more complex, as you have to get rid of the acne bacteria as well as ensure that the skin has its proper pH balance restored.
How to Get Rid of Acne Overnight?
There are a number of fast acting remedies that you can find in pharmacies, and many over the counter medicines are able to get rid of acne easily and effectively. There are many medications that you can obtain a prescription for from your dermatologist, and these prescription drugs are often stronger and are only prescribed for more serious cases of acne.
Natural Acne Remedies
There are a number of natural remedies that you can use to help you get rid of your acne overnight. Not all of them will be effective, as each person’s acne is slightly different. However, each of the following remedies have been proven to be effective, and you may find that one of them is the solution that will help you clear your face up and stop your acne breakout overnight:
- Ice packs are one method that you can use to help get rid of your acne overnight. If you freeze the skin cells and the P. acne bacteria, the acne cannot keep multiplying and spreading the acne throughout your face. The ice also helps to reduce the swelling and redness, and it helps to make the acne far less visible. By applying ice to your face for a minute or two every half hour, you can help to reduce the redness and size of your acne pimples.
- Toothpaste has been proven to be an effective method for getting rid of acne overnight, as the fluoride in the toothpaste helps to kill the P. acne bacteria. Be sure to only apply toothpaste to the areas of your skin where there are pimples, as the strength of the fluoride in the toothpaste could dry your skin out.
- Lemon juice is another effective home remedy for helping you get rid of your acne overnight, as it contains an antiseptic that effectively burns away the acne. The acid in the lemon juice burns away the top layer of skin, which allows the pores to breathe and kills the majority of the bacteria that are causing the acne.
- Drinking lemon juice is also an effective home remedy for getting rid of acne overnight, as the vitamins and minerals in lemon juice infuse life and health into your skin, as well as helping the body eliminate the dead skin cells at the proper rate.
Handling your pimples properly is a vital part of getting rid of your acne properly. Many people believe that popping or picking their pimples will help get rid of them quicker. However, the only thing that it does is simply cause the pimples to become further irritated and even redder than they were before you picked at them. Also the dirt and oils on your hands simply add to the bacteria and sebum that have built up on your face to cause the acne, and popping your pimples will only cause them to worsen.
Keeping Acne Away
There are a few things that you can do to help keep acne away; Try these tips and they will help to show you
How To Get Rid Of Acne Overnight:
- Wash your face daily, and wash it a few times per day if you have oily skin
- Use moisturizers that are not oil based, but have water as their base instead.
- Keep your hands clean, and try to keep them away from your face
- Eat foods that have low oil content, and avoid food like chocolate, milk, and other fatty foods.
- Exfoliate and cleanse your face daily
Hopefully by following some of these easy tips you will learn how to get rid of acne overnight.