How To Get Rid Of Acne Overnight

How to Get Rid of Acne Overnight

How To Get Rid Of Acne Overnight 300x200 How To Get Rid Of Acne Overnight

How To Get Rid Of Acne Overnight - Before you can understand how to get rid of your acne overnight, you need to understand exactly what acne is, how it breaks out on people's faces, and what causes it.

Acne is something that plagues millions of people around the world, and men and women of all ages suffer from a constant annoyance because of their acne problems. Getting rid of acne can be fairly difficult, but there are a number of remedies that you can use to help you get rid of your acne, even overnight in some cases.

What is Acne?

Before you can understand how to get rid of your acne overnight, you need to understand exactly what acne is, how it breaks out on people’s faces, and what causes it.

One of the factors involved in an acne breakout is the bacteria that are responsible for acne, the P. acne bacteria. This bacterium attacks the skin, burrows into the pores of the skin, and causes the pores to get blocked up.

Another factor that contributes to an acne breakout is dead skin cells. The skin has a natural rate at which the cells die, and the body has a natural process by which these dead skin cells are eliminated. However, sometimes the skin cells tend to die off at an accelerated pace, which results in a buildup of dead skin cells on the skin and in the pores. When the body is unable to eliminate these dead skin cells, the skin cells get into the pores and block them from breathing. When they cannot breathe, the skin cells get infected, which is why pimples are such a bright, angry red.

A third factor that causes acne is the oil produced by the skin, which is also known as sebum. When your body produces too much sebum for any number of reasons, the sebum also clogs up the pores of the skin. This excess oil combined with an overload of dead skin cells is what causes acne and pimples to form on the face, and the white stuff in a pimple is a mixture of sebum and dead skin cells.

In order to get rid of acne, you have to find a way to unclog the pores, get rid of the excess skin oils and dead skin cells, and cleanse the pores. Getting rid of one pimple is fairly simple, as it is just one skin pore that is clogged. Getting rid of acne is more complex, as you have to get rid of the acne bacteria as well as ensure that the skin has its proper pH balance restored.

How to Get Rid of Acne Overnight?

There are a number of fast acting remedies that you can find in pharmacies, and many over the counter medicines are able to get rid of acne easily and effectively. There are many medications that you can obtain a prescription for from your dermatologist, and these prescription drugs are often stronger and are only prescribed for more serious cases of acne.

Natural Acne Remedies

There are a number of natural remedies that you can use to help you get rid of your acne overnight. Not all of them will be effective, as each person’s acne is slightly different. However, each of the following remedies have been proven to be effective, and you may find that one of them is the solution that will help you clear your face up and stop your acne breakout overnight:

• Ice packs are one method that you can use to help get rid of your acne overnight. If you freeze the skin cells and the P. acne bacteria, the acne cannot keep multiplying and spreading the acne throughout your face. The ice also helps to reduce the swelling and redness, and it helps to make the acne far less visible. By applying ice to your face for a minute or two every half hour, you can help to reduce the redness and size of your acne pimples.
  • Toothpaste has been proven to be an effective method for getting rid of acne overnight, as the fluoride in the toothpaste helps to kill the P. acne bacteria. Be sure to only apply toothpaste to the areas of your skin where there are pimples, as the strength of the fluoride in the toothpaste could dry your skin out.
  • Lemon juice is another effective home remedy for helping you get rid of your acne overnight, as it contains an antiseptic that effectively burns away the acne. The acid in the lemon juice burns away the top layer of skin, which allows the pores to breathe and kills the majority of the bacteria that are causing the acne.
  • Drinking lemon juice is also an effective home remedy for getting rid of acne overnight, as the vitamins and minerals in lemon juice infuse life and health into your skin, as well as helping the body eliminate the dead skin cells at the proper rate.

Handling your pimples properly is a vital part of getting rid of your acne properly. Many people believe that popping or picking their pimples will help get rid of them quicker. However, the only thing that it does is simply cause the pimples to become further irritated and even redder than they were before you picked at them. Also the dirt and oils on your hands simply add to the bacteria and sebum that have built up on your face to cause the acne, and popping your pimples will only cause them to worsen.

Keeping Acne Away
There are a few things that you can do to help keep acne away; Try these tips and they will help to show you

How To Get Rid Of Acne Overnight:

-        Wash your face daily, and wash it a few times per day if you have oily skin

-        Use moisturizers that are not oil based, but have water as their base instead.

-        Keep your hands clean, and try to keep them away from your face

-        Eat foods that have low oil content, and avoid food like chocolate, milk, and other fatty foods.

-        Exfoliate and cleanse your face daily

Hopefully by following some of these easy tips you will learn how to get rid of acne overnight.

64 Responses to “How To Get Rid Of Acne Overnight”
  1. Courtney says:

I really need help I’m 13 still have not had a boyfriend yet and all my friends have because of my pimples

• Ellie says:

Girl you are a bit young to be worrying about boyfriends. Your friends are dating a bit early, and it’s not necessarily a good thing. People change so much over time, and boys at that age, are irresponsible, and honestly, they are pigs. Wait until you are older, and keep your standards high.

As far as the acne goes, Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Pore Scrub. Massage it lightly into your skin for about a minute before rinsing. Do this once in the morning and once before bed. Pat your face dry with a clean cotton towel. With the morning one, get sterile cotton balls and lightly dab Dickinson’s Witch Hazel on your skin. Don’t soak your skin, that will irritate the acne. Like the article says, don’t touch your face, and absolutely don’t pop the pimples. Avoid eating sweets and fried foods. Substitute with fresh fruits. Try to drink only water as well, even if it is boring and tasteless. It will take a bit of time for it to clear up, don’t lose heart :)

• James says:

What you have said about teenage boys being “irresponsible” and “pig-like”. I’d hate to ruin your day, but these accusations are false for most of us. It is true, there are those who are very daft and asinine, but there are those, who unlike others, are gentlemen. Most of my friends (and people I know) are highly studious, respectful, and polite, despite what you may think. We are not pigs (though some are) and you, in the future shan’t blatantly call others pigs, especially of whom you do not know.

Sincerely,
        James.

• Caleb says:

Ha, buddy you are kindof funny. All guys have one thing on the mind from birth. Even if you choose to hide it behind it by being polite. We are all the same. Keep being nice though.

Caleb

• Boss says:

False. ALL of us don’t always have ONE think in mind from birth. Doesn’t mean we don’t think about it, but it also doesn’t mean that that’s what our mind and world evolves around.

• Boss says:

You’re completely right. Some of us guys are mature. Sometimes it’s the girls who can’t handle the/a relationship. I have the same friend group that you do James, which is why I agree with you. IT IS, however, hard to find those types when the agegroup is so slow, but there are always a slim few that are mature and respectful and stuff like that. Don’t be so quick to judge an age group. Some people act way more mature than you would think.

• Renee says:

I agree with the guys I am 25 and I have now guys have sexual thoughts daily from day one, but I also know that girls have them too. I have had only one bad experience with a guy in my life and it was just hilarious now that I can look back on it.

On the acne though: I had bad horrible skin when I was 12- 18 if you have bad skin that’s oily and pores are basically gaping holes, use the Neutrogena face mask, smells gross but pores shrink(:
            Then use any brand of facial scrub that mentions black head control….use this in small amounts,you want to have skin left to clean(:, and finally try Hibiclense, all doctors recommend it and so do I. It’s antibacterial and makes skin baby soft(:

• Kaitlin says:

good on ya mate
          like im a girl and yeh i agree there are some gentlemen out there
          ha!
          Katlin xoxo
          but yer i get your logic a lot of accusations are put on girls to fore being like slutty and crap but that is just rude..
          Just dont JUDGE!!
          SIMPLE AS THAT

• Pucky says:

But remember, not all, so don’t judge a book by it’s cover, but it’s ok to have a crush

• Rizel says:

I am a freshman and i use Proactive, but that can be expensive. I agree with Ellie, you are to young. As I said, i am a freshman, and I haven’t had a boyfriend yet either. Focus on your future. Boys are immature right now. Wait 2-3 years and your first boyfriends will be the boy of your dreams cause he, hopefully, is more mature. Continuing with the acne, if you take a ice cube to your pimples, it helps. A honey mask every once in a while will work wonders, and try using natural skin care products. Natural skin care products dont have the harsh chemicals in them that will make your skin gross, and wrinkly in the future. I know I use Proactiv, and that isn’t natural, but it works great and comes with a amazing mask. P.S. If your friends are telling you that you aren’t pretty enough to have a boyfriend, because you have acne 1. they are wrong. 2. they are not verry good friends. Remember: Books not boys!)

• Imani says:

Hey I’m 13 too but don’t you think it’s a little too early for a boyfriend I get that most girls our age do have some but it’s still early plus most guys our age are soooooooooooooooooo frickin imature. but the best way of geting rid of acne is drinking water. one a day teen vitamins help too and wash your face with warm water. plus DO NOT STRESS that will trigger acne all over your face no matter how many remedies you try. hope it helps bye

• Nicole says:

It’s a little too much to tell someone not to stress out AT ALL. Usually people just stress that they’re stressing, and it only makes it worse.

Furthermore,” what up” with all you people telling this girl she’s too young for a boyfriend? This isn’t a lecture website, and she didn’t ask for your input for whether or not she should be dating. She wants help fighting acne.

On that note, I use a baking soda scrub, since most people have that laying around in their kitchen. Just use one part baking soda to 1/2 part water, gentle scrub the paste onto problem areas for 5 minutes, and wipe with warm water. It’s by far the cheapest solution I’ve come across, but do NOT use it more than 2-3 times a week as it will make it worse. Baking soda can work miracles, but you should pay attention to how your body responds to it.

• Aleksandra says:

I feel the same way girl, oh my god., it feels really bad to be the only 13 year old of my firneds that has never had her first kiss or date or bf, it just makes me feel like soooo bad!

• Shelby says:

petitelefant.com/how-to-pore-strips/ I have a lot of blackheads and pimples and this really works! I use biotin a pill that helps your hair, and nails grow and keeps your skin clear everyday. You can buy it Walmart or any place!! Hope this helps!!

• Reg says:

Im only 12 and have seen the boys be grown ups at the age of 16. So dont be worried about not having a boyfriend go with bestfriends instead. Have a ton of girl time and not about boys. They will be off your mind it no time. Trust me. Its happen to me before. Worry on school and friends and family and boys,dating and drama last.

• Blondie says:

Hi Courtney, I’m almost 15 and I’ve never had a boyfriend and I don’t want a one. But I can understand where ur coming from. I’d say that right now u should just focus on school and ur future. If ur out searching for a boyfriend and settling for less than u deserve bcuz everyone else has a boyfriend and u don’t, than most likely ur not gonna find one that’ll treat u right.and I wouldn’t say that all guys r pigs, cuz I know guys that r really nice an r good ppl( that r just friends, I wouldn’t wanna date them), but u never know until uv known them for a while. cuz all guys no matter how good a guy, have sex on there mind, and will b tempted to use u but it takes a good guy to fight his animal like feelings, so that he doesnt hurt u. And if a guy can’t see past the pimples and can’t see ur true beauty than that means he’s not looking for love and in the end will prolly break ur heart… U should wait and don’t b like all ur friends.. I don’t want to talk bad about ur friends cuz I don’t know them but they have prolly given themselves to so many guys( if u know what I mean), cuz they wer looking for true love, that they won’t know true love when It finds them. So if ur set on having a boyfriend, make sure u pick someone that u have known for a while so u know if u can trust them to b good.(just b friends for a while and than take it to the next level, but what ever u do, don’t go to bed with them… Wait a while for that one, it’s best to wait till after mirage bfor u completely give urself away. And it’s not a bad thing to stay a virgin until ur married, weather ur friends think so or not cuz it’s none of there buisness, it’s ur body do what u want with it, it ur choice( but many ppl have different views on the subject..). .! Now on the acne situation I can’t help u much but I can say that if u have a problem with black heads like I do, u can rub Elmer’s school glue on ur face(don’t forget the nose) and let it dry than peel it off, this will help pull out the blackheads. And drink plenty of water( that’s where I messed up. I don’t like water cuz I think it’s discusting but I am trying to hydrate more so I can fix my awful face)… Try to stay away from sweets bcuz for some reason sugar makes u break out more( I love ice cream:( )… And toothpaste does work.., if u read along the rest of the comments you’ll find a lot of toothpaste remadies:) try not to dry ur skin out or u’ll get a kinda rash like thing covering ur forehead which makeup will only make more visible … I’m still working on that!!! ;) hope I was helpful and I hope that u take what I said about that boyfriend subject into consideration:) and I’m sorry for the long message:)

• Emily says:

Hey Im a freshman in high school and I have always had bad acne. I have tried about everything and can’t seem to get it to go away. I have used proactive and clinque. At the moment I rely on my foundation products. I have had many boyfriends too. They don’t mind pimples, you just need to get ur confidence level up and it will help make u more attractive to everyone! I wish you the best of luck!

2. Courtney says:

Help please anyone

• Help says:

I am a junior in high school, never had a boyfriend. I used to worry about it as lot, but I have since realized that I am so much happier than any of my friends who have boyfriends. There is no drama, no worrying. If any of your friends tell you they are perfectly happy, they better marry the guy because believe me, it takes a lot. If you ever feel like you need a boyfriend, remember that to be in a healthy relationship you need to first love yourself, and the you can learn to love others.

3. mei says:

I have a bad case of pimples and have an oily skin ( I think I inherited it from my father) . i also got a abnormal periods which was said that caused my pimples and fattening. My friends keeps teasing me. Pls Help!!!~

• Emma says:

To start with make sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day.

I can give you a quick and simple face mask recipe if you would like.

Emma

• Aleksandra says:

first, your friends are b***es for making fun of you, if they were really your friends they wouldn’t be doing that and second, i inherited my bad acne from my mom (ugh stupid genes!) and i make sure to wash my face day and night (i recommend X-Out from proactiv) and if you can find a sea mud mask, that is really good for oily skin, and an exfoliating gel will really help! good luck

4. caitlin munoz says:

Ummm ok well I’m a tern and my acne is horrid I look like I sleep with oil on my face ive been breaking out to the point were bulling is happening to me I feel so insecure thative gone to the point of 7 washes at one anyone have any advice

• Emma says:

Hey Caitlin,

I seriously recommend not to wash 7 times a day as this washes out the skins natural oils, therefore causing your skin to pump out more and more oil to replace that which is missing. To help try out these face masks one daily maximum!

Grab a few fresh grapes from your fridge, and you’ve got an easy facial cleanser. Cut two or three grapes in half and rub the flesh over your face and neck, says Dr. Cook-Bolden. Follow with a cool water rinse.

Cucumber Face Mask

“Make a paste by blending one small cucumber and 1 cup of oatmeal,” says Cook-Bolden. Mix 1 teaspoon of this paste with 1 teaspoon of yogurt and apply it to your face. Leave it on for 30 minutes, and then rinse.

Cucumber Face Pack

This cooling, soothing mask will help smooth your skin, which can often feel rough from acne. “Mash one whole cucumber, strain the water, add 1 tablespoon of sugar, and mix well,” says Cook-Bolden. “Apply to your face and leave it on for 10 minutes; then wash with cold water.”

Simple Honey Mask

Before applying this mask, rinse your face with warm water to open up pores, says Cook-Bolden. Then apply honey and leave it on the skin for 30 minutes. Rinse the honey off with warm water; then rinse again with cold water to close the pores.

Yeast and Yogurt Mask for Oily Skin

Oily skin is prone to acne, and this home remedy can reduce excess oil and help clear acne. To make the mask, combine 1 teaspoon of brewer’s yeast with a little plain yogurt to create a thin mixture. Cook-Bolden says, “Apply it thoroughly to all the oily areas and leave on for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water; then use cold water to close the pores.”

Oatmeal Facial

Oatmeal is naturally soothing, and this simple oatmeal mask can also help clear acne. Mix together 2 teaspoons of oatmeal, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, and enough water to form a paste. Smooth the paste all over your face and gently rub it in. Rinse thoroughly afterward.

Lemon-Egg Face Mask

This is a great all-purpose acne home remedy that can boost any skin type. “Squeeze half a lemon and mix the juice with one beaten egg white,” recommends Cook-Bolden. Apply to the face, and leave the mask on overnight while you sleep. In the morning, wash your face with warm water. Be sure to keep the raw-egg mixture out of your mouth and eyes.

Turmeric Facial Mask

For beautiful skin, brides in India traditionally use a turmeric mask before their wedding, says Cook-Bolden. Ingredients for this acne remedy are available at spice markets and ethnic food stores. Mix together 1/2 cup of chickpea flour and 2 teaspoons each turmeric powder, sandalwood powder, and ghee (clarified butter) or almond oil, and then combine them with enough water to make a paste. “Apply and leave on for 5 to 10 minutes,” says Cook-Bolden. “Rub with pressure with both palms and fingers to remove all the paste.” Rinse well with water.

Homemade facial masks can rejuvenate your skin and help clear acne — and all of these recipes use common ingredients found in your pantry and refrigerator. Try one or more of the acne remedies to treat pimple-prone skin and see how your skin responds.

• Rizel says:

well, I’ve been bulied before. I am a nice nerd that is shy, therefore a easy target. Dont let it get to you. They dont know what they are talking about. Try Proactiv. It is expensive but works great. Honey masks work wonders, and toothpaste is your friend. Also take a ice cube to them. This helps alot. You just hold ice to them (one at a time) until they are numb, and then do another, or wait for your face to warm up. Everytime your pimples get warm again, place a ice cube on them. This both shrinks them and takes away the redness that comes from irritation. What ever you do, do not pop them!

5. Holly says:

I oily skin and lots of pimples help

• Emma says:

Hey there holly,

If oily skin is your worst concern then try this face mask that you can make at home.

Combine 1 teaspoon of brewers yeast with only a little plain yogurt, so that a thin mixture is formed. Apply to all oily areas ( or your whole face) leave for 15-20 minutes, rinse off with warm water and once your sure it’s all off , rinse your face with a splash of cold water, pat dry. Use daily.

Hope this helps! Emma.

6. Jenna says:

Good read.

It’s impossible to get rid of acne overnight,

But what finally cleared my acne for good was Acne Expulsion Pills. My face was cleared so fast like in 2 weeks My acne was completely gone.

It was a very easy acne treatment to take, and I had no problems while I was on it.

Good Luck.

• Kaleigh says:

Where can I find these? I keep having horrid breakouts and its so stressful because I am literally the only one out of my group of friends that has acne. I don’t go over spot my friends houses to stay the night because its so embarrassing without my makeup,even with my makeup! I’ve tried many different acne pills,but almost always have an allergic reaction. Please help!

7. babygirl says:

Well tmr is my sweet 16 and I have a pimple like right between my eyes nothings helping I’ve poped it but its really red I look like a girl from Arabia I have thY dot some one please help!@@

8. Carla says:

Honey, lemon juice and toothpaste! Now I do have an overnight home remedy for my pimples. What an idea! Thank you so much!

9. Nia says:

I have pimples right under my mouth and i have had them for 2 years. Just recently, i have many on my forehead, nose, and suprisingly, along my hair line! Plz help me! I am no looking to spend money.

• Rizel says:

Toothpaste, and honey are your best friends. Everyone has these 2 items in their house. Just smear them on and let them work their magic. OOOH! Also, I almost forgot: a great scrub. You just have to mix together a lemon, juiced, with some sugar and salt. Then you have a nice scrub. Make sure to moisturize after, because it might dry out your sikin. It helps though. Plus it makes your face soft. If you have about eleven bucks to spare, you can goto a natural store, and buy my favorite. Alba Even Advanced Sea Alge Enzyme Scrub. Its like heaven. Just remember: only scrub your face once a week, but clean it daily. If you have sensitive skin, you can get the Alba Botanica “collection” The cleanser, toner, and moisturizer. It cost a little, but it is natural. Natural cleansers are best, because they dont have hard chemicals that will damage your skin in the future.
      Just remember: Wash daily. You want to keep your face clean. (2x a day is recomended.) Especially after wearing makeup.

10. Shanelle says:

I have acene and I been trying to get rid of it any ideas?

11. Logan says:

Do you need to sleep with the toothpaste on your face?

12. Grace says:

I have had acene for a while now and I don’t think it helps that I play sPorts a lot . Is there anything that can get rid if it? I use cleansing wipes epiduo and my mom is making me try vinegar even though it’s not working. I need help fast and it has to work!

• Aleksandra says:

use x-out, its really good

• grace thompson says:

Hi grace my name is grace to and I justed turned 12 anded I have been struggling with acne I woultry crushing bayer aspirin and adding a little water to make a paste. Once it drys rince it of . It really works! And I tried vinager before and all it did was sting my skin and not help get rid of acne! I wish u look!

13. genelia says:

i have normal skin and little bit of pimples!!!

14. Chelsie says:

I’m 14 and I’ve been struggling with acne for years now. I tried proactive and that just didn’t seem to really clear my skin up and it was expensive. I wash my face with clinic acne solutions and I have been for a while but my face still has acne, it hasn’t been clear in what seems like forever! I have somewhat oily skin and also a problem with blackheads. If anyone has advice on what I should do please tell. I want to finally have clear skin again! Please help!!

• Jojo says:

I was in your shoes for a long time. Nothing worked for me. Now I’m 17 and i still get little breakouts, but nothing like before. The first thing to do is drink a TON of water. Just water, not Gatorade or anything else. Try a honey and sugar face scrub, this exfoliates without drying your skin or filling it with icky chemicals found in clinic acne solutions. Mix 2 tablespoons of brown sugar with 2 tablespoons of honey (which is also a great antiseptic), stir them together and use all of it on your face in the shower. I usually do two or three washes with it until it’s all gone. It works great on shoulders too. Put on lotion right when you get out of the shower so that your skin doesn’t need to produce oil to moisturize itself. You can use coconut oil instead of lotion once a week too. I would recommend the honey and sugar scrub every day and follow it up with a mask of plain old honey (also in the shower). Some of the acne problem for us teenage girls comes from hormones too, so as you get older it tends to clear up. As for oily skin, I found a makeup combination that keeps my face from getting too oily and also doesn’t block up my pores. And, bad breakouts aren’t forever. Keep trying different stuff and good luck!

15. adrian says:

Hi I have pimples or acne but I want to go to the dance and I only have one day left to take the acne awayi need it fast because when I look in the mirror I look messy plus I have oily skin please I need help

16. AcneExpertz says:

Omg! very detailed article as a person who is running a blog in this niche and lots of research i can say man you have done a great job. All the methods which you have described in this article are very effective and clinically approved. Specially toothpaste and lemon juice are great home remedies to cure any type of acne.I bookmark your site for my future research.

17. ... says:

Ihave a few pimples and I’m 10. I have tried using toothpaste and the next day, my pimples had pus inside. I used maximum cavity toothpaste. Is that wrong? I don’t have hohome either. I’m like,theonly one in my class with acne and pimples.II feel super embarrassed all the time. Can someone suggest help?

• Dakota Bowes says:

I was the same way… What I did was use 2 teaspoons of table salt, and enough baby oil to moisten it. Scrub onto your face and rinse it off. Hope it works for ya kiddo! :)

18. jacelynn says:

i am 14 i do not have a bad acne problem but every once and awhile i agree boys are just stupid

19. your stalker :D says:

Ok so i wanna get rid of my pimples in 5 days be4 i go on a trip with my cousin any tips?

20. natalieneedhelp says:

im 13 i have always had a nice clear face & never broke out intell i hit my monthly’s.. it was really bad in the begging but its calmed down a bit. i wash my face before i put on makeup & after to clean up i use an achohal free face toner after & also a water based lotion oil-free & for some reason nothing seems to help any suggestions on what i vould do?

• Nicole says:

I’m not an expert and I’m having a hard time getting rid of acne myself but I do know that u should rinse ur face with cold water after u wash ur face, this will close ur pores so that there’s not so much build up, do this especially before u put makeup on or else the makeup will clog ur pores… Like I said, I don’t know how to get rid of acne but this will help so that it’s not as bad…(no overnight miracle) u should start seeing a change after a few days. Hope I was helpful, and I hope both of us get clearer skin soon:)….. One more thing,.. If u rub Elmer’s school glue on ur face(not the washable kind), let it dry and than peel it off… This will help pull out the little black heads that like to pile up on ur nose..( if u have a problem with black heads) :)

21. Blue_Devils_11 says:

Okay well if your not supposed to pop the zits what do you do? Leave them white? /:

22. Sarah says:

umm does toothpaste help How would toothpaste help I’m confused what are some real natural remedies that can help.

• Han says:

A personal remedy I use: egg whites mixed with fresh lemon juice. Apply it as a mask which you can choose to leave on your face for 15 minutes or overnight, but be sure that you’ve cleansed your face. Wash it first with soap and pat it dry with a towel. Then apply the mask. Also, you could try garlic. It’s a bit pungent but it’s effective. Chop a clove or two then rub the juices on the acne or even on your whole face if you like. Leave it on for 5 minutes then rinse thoroughly (we wouldn’t want you smelling like garlic on a night out with friends). Hope this helps.

Other tips:
      - Don’t “overwash” your face. Only wash it with a very gentle cleanser in the morning and at night (be sure to remove make-up if you wear any before going to bed)
      - Drink lots and I mean LOTS of water daily. This helps flush out toxins.
      - Don’t stay under the sun too much since it can dry your skin and cause the glands to produce more oil. Use Nivea sunblock SPF 50.

23. elizabeth says:

Well actually i wouldnt say 13 is too young to date i got with my boyfriend at 12 yrs old andd now were 17 living together so no i wouldnt say that for everyone unless they are thinking about sex which is bad. also not all guys are pigs mine isnt my brother isnt and niether are most of my friends alot are but not all of them thankyou very much.
    well how i got rid of my acne is i used ivory soap the original one and it comes in like a pack of 3 for 1.24 so that will help after about a week of use 3 times daily it worked for me.

24. elizabeth says:

Well you dont pop them because thatll give u scars trust me i no from experiance

25. Ya Seung says:

can u get rid of pimples scars, like completely, and something faster than just giving it time.

26. Anthony Rogers says:

If i applied toothpaste, is it supposed to burn ? I applied toothpaste and it’s one of those minty types and it has that cool burn feel ? is that supposed to happen? Please reply URGENT!

• Han says:

Well if it’s mint, yes, there’d be that cold stinging sensation. So if you don’t want that, use toothpaste that isn’t minty. Also, you might wanna try egg whites mixed with lemon. Just separate the whites from the yokes then squeeze a fresh lemon and mix it with the egg whites. You might also feel a slight sting. Anyway if you’re in a hurry, you can leave this on as a mask for 15 minutes in the morning before taking a bath (like while you’re having breakfast), or you can leave it on overnight. Rinse it thoroughly afterwards. It minimizes pores, tightens the skin and is a really great remedy for acne and acne scars. :)

27. CurlyGirl says:

I had acne problems from the age of 9 to about 16 and I found that the best thing for me was an aspirin lemon juice mask. Now, what I did was crush up about 12 plain aspirin (you can get them pretty cheap) and mix with lemon juice to form a paste. Leave it on for about 20 minutes. Then, mix a small amount of baking soda in about a cup of water. Dip a wash cloth into the water and bs and wipe the mask off with it. This will feel warm but not hurt you. If it leaves a thin white or powdery layer on your face, wait about 10 minutes and then rinse with regular water. Use a cotton ball with witch hazel and rub all over your face for a good scrub. This helped me after doing this every other day and regular face wash on the off days after about 2 weeks. I am 18 now an rarely ever have a breakout using this routine.
    And as far as boys go, honey, my sister is 18 and never had a boyfriend and she is one o the happiest people I know. So keep your chin up. If you find a good guy, great but don’t get down if you don’t.

28. Ali says:

I’m 14 and I have spots on my chin and forehead…I don’t thing 13 is to young to date as long as you are responsible about your relationship. Girls stop worrying about what people are going to think because most people from the ages of 12 to 17 have spots or acne problems…so stop the worrying and just be happy with who you are because no matter what you do, you can’t change who you are:)

29. Torrie says:

Eh, 11 almost 12 here. I have VERY BAD breakouts on my back and I have acne/pimples on my forehead sometimes cheeks and around nose. I have Proactive but it doesn’t work. I tried the Vapor from the foucet being turned on hot and putting a towel over. They just don’t seem to work. I wash my face every morning an sometimes before bed. I have very bad acne and it sucks! Help?

30. Leslie says:

I have acne too, I’m only 11!! Why so early?? Yeah, I tried proactive, it burned my face and I don’t use it anymore. I have tried many things!!! Please help! And I won’t use makeup and I don’t want to. Anyone have a suggestion maybe ??

31. anna says:

I’ve had severe acne since I hit puberty n im 26 now….I always have to wear make up if I wanna go newhr n half the time it don’t cover it up well…I’ve tried all kinda of facewash n overnight gel stuff…nothing helps…I have not tried the toothpaste or ice or nething like tht yet I’ve nvr been told bout it….but I’m gonna try the toothpaste method…but I need to kno how long to leave it on there n how many times a day or watever n does it need to b a certain kind of toothpaste?

32. Stephanie says:

I’ve been getting BAD breakouts lately and what has helped me is this. Before I should state some side effects. After step 1 you might get freezer burnt (As I call it) It looks like a sun burn and you might get toothpaste on your pillow. Okay now Step 1. Get either a regular Ice Cube or get some Green Iced Tea and make ice cubes with it and use it that way. (Green Tea Recommended) Rub on your face bare (No barrier will work so much better trust me I’ve been doing this a lot) until cube melts. Step 2. Get some honey and put only to acne. Leave on for 10-15 minutes or longer if you wish then wash off gently. Step 3. Get some minty toothpaste and put on acne. Leave on overnight and in the morning wash you face with gentle cleanser or acne treatment face wash and you will see results. You’re Welcome.

33. karthik says:

i have a pimples on my face later it grows as holes on my side cheeks… iam so upset .. i decided to use amway products.. it s good or not and which product to use this type of problem ?? give me a solution..