Click Here to Chat With a Member of Healthier Support

Helpful Vitamins For Hair Loss

Helpful Vitamins For Hair Loss Can Anything Bring Back Your Golden Locks?

Vitamins For Hair Loss 199x300 Helpful Vitamins For Hair Loss

Vitamins For Hair Loss

Although hair loss and baldness do not always point to a serious underlying health concern, the prospect of losing their hair is enough to scare most people; for both men and women the thought of baldness is nightmarish. As a matter of fact, it would be safe to suggest that thinning hair can not only give you bad hair days but also baldness can seriously mar your confidence.

Unfortunately, most people try to remedy the situation with OTC topical preparations without realizing that nutritional deficiencies and several other factors play a crucial role in hair fall. So, if you want to keep the mop of hair on your head intact, you need to learn about the causes of hair loss and how essential nutrients like vitamins and minerals can be used to prevent hair thinning and eventual baldness.

Helpful Vitamins For Hair Loss & The causes of hair fall

While its normal to lose up to 100 hair every day, if you find locks of hair on your pillow case everyday in the morning or can’t stop the hair fall problem from tainting the look of a pristine white outfit, or if your comb/brush comes out of your scalp full of hair strands, you definitely have a serious problem on your hands that should be addresses immediately.

Although baldness in women is rare, hair thinning can eventually lead to bald patches in both sexes and even escalate to male pattern baldness in men, here is a look at some of the leading causes of hair loss and baldness.

Age: A lifetime of unhealthy eating can lead to visible signs of aging such as thinning hair, baldness and skin issues.
Stress: This is one of the most common causes of hair fall; as a matter of fact, a stressful situation can quickly lead to baldness as it causes the hair follicles to enter the telogen phase where new hair growth stops completely and existing hair are lost to damage and breakage.

Drugs: Certain type of drugs can also cause hair loss as they negatively impact the hair follicles and cause nutritional deficiencies; common examples include high blood pressure drugs, Parkinson’s disease medication and also carbimazole, a drug taken to control hyper thyroid.
Testosterone: In men, baldness may be caused due to testosterone which is converted to DHT on reaching the scalp, some hair follicles may shrink in response to DHT exposure leading to baldness.

Menopause: In women, menopause and the hormonal changes that it causes can also lead to intense hair fall.

Genetics: Your genes also play a role in your chances of losing the hair on your head.

Nutritional Deficiencies: Low levels of vitamins and iron in the system will also lead to hair loss.

Helpful Vitamins For Hair Loss – Vitamins that can arrest hair fall and prevent baldness

Important nutrients such as vitamins and minerals can play a crucial role in preventing hair damage and fall and reducing the chances of baldness. Some important vitamins that are responsible for hair growth include:

Vitamin A: Vital for the production of sebum, Vitamin A is crucial for the prevention of hair and scalp issues such as dandruff, dry hair and thick scalp which can all lead to premature hair loss. While the intake of vitamin A is important to ensure that the levels of this vital nutrient are maintained in the body, you also need to understand that smoking can inhibit the absorption of vitamin A. Some prescription drugs and also oral preparations such as aspirin can also cause hindrance in the uptake of vitamin A. So, if you are on any type of medication and are experiencing hair fall, consult with your doctor. If you are smoker, try to cut down on the habit to prevent hair loss.

It is also imperative to know that while sebum (natural skin and scalp oil) is important to keep the scalp moisturized, excessive sebum secretion can lead to several problems. However, food items and natural supplements will rarely give you an overdose of the nutrient. Good sources of vitamin A include squash, carrots, oranges and sweet potatoes.

Vitamin B6: This nutrient plays a vital role in the production of haemoglobin which carries oxygen to the various cells in the body. By ensuring that you consume the right amount of vitamin B6, you can ascertain that the hair follicles get enough oxygen to stay healthy. Food items which are rich in vitamin B6 will also generally have high levels of protein such as humus, chickpeas, bananas, pork loin, asparagus and green peas.

Folic Acid: A member of the B complex, folic acid is required for the production of red blood cells in the body. The nutrient can be found in collard greens, peas, papaya and lentils.

Vitamin C: This nutrient is vital for the production of collagen, an essential part of the building block of a hair strand. Lack of collagen can cause severe hair damage which in turn will lead to breakage and hair fall. Food items rich in vitamin C are citrus fruits, red sweet peppers and mango

Vitamin E: Vitamin E plays a crucial role in hair and skin health; the nutrient is responsible for supplying blood to the scalp and it also assist in the absorption of oxygen. Rich sources of vitamin E include almonds, corn oil and cereals. While most healthy individuals should not have a problem with the absorption of vitamin E from fats and oils, individuals with low levels of vitamin E may have this issue and should consider supplementation.

Biotin: A common sight in most OTC hair products, biotin is not readily absorbed by the skin cells; this means that topical application of the nutrient may fail to yield the desired results. However, biotin deficiency is also among the leading causes of baldness with symptoms such as hair loss on the scalp, face and body. The condition can be easily corrected through supplements.

Proper nutrition is usually all that is needed to arrest hair fall and prevent baldness. If you have spent hundreds on shampoos and conditioners only to be disappointed by their dismal results, fret not! Try using high quality vitamins for hair loss and you will be surprised at how soon you get back your luscious mane.

regrow hair formula Helpful Vitamins For Hair Loss

Vitamins For Hair Loss

40 Responses to “Helpful Vitamins For Hair Loss”
  1. Ben says:

Do these vitamins really work? I’ve been using Rogaine for over 5 months and I do see more hair but once I stop using it, everything falls out. Having to use it all the time to keep the new growth is very expensive. I’d like to try these pills if they really work.

2. josh says:

i bought some cheap pills on amazon that promised to make my hair grow back. i took them for over 3 months and had zero results. not sure what to be looking for with these pills? maybe it was because the only cost $9 bucks for a month. oh well, on to the next one.

3. Ronald says:

I’ve been taking the pills for over 2 months and I do see a difference. The two “culdesac” spots I have on my front hair line are producing new hair growth and it’s starting to get thicker. The pills definitely work but they just take time because I didn’t see anything until about a month and a half in.

4. ricky says:

i’ve found that with these supplements and rogaine, i’ve been able to get good results. there is new growth and i’ve been able to keep it. i take the pills daily and i use rogaine every other day. hope that helps anyone out there looking for help.

5. Sam says:

Which pills is everyone talking about. R these multi vitamin pills or the pills on the
    Link

6. Rose says:

I’ve been taking multivitamins and Biotin 2500 for about 2 months now. I had low iron defiency,since taking my vitamins and biotin everyday,I have seen an tremendous change!

7. Rakesh Tiwari says:

I have been facing this problem for 3 years..tried many products but of no use…how can these multivitamins help to get back our hairs…?

8. Chad says:

Try wheat germ and brewer’s yeast, a natural way to get the vitamins.

9. Khia says:

I have been tangling lately and when I woke every morning, i have this bundle of hair in bed. I got panic over what I saw. As to age, I am still on my late 20′s to be considering age as a factor. Only to find out that being stress is responsible for this terrible hair loss.

10. karen says:

Hi my hair has been thinning for years but i lost about half my hair last year alone, not sure why, I had a sever car accident a year ago and i had a lot of stress. I read lots about hair loss and tried a number of things, but nothing worked.
    I read a recommended treatment, so i started tablets of bio-selenium with zinc ( manufactured by pharma nord) and a separate tablet of sea weed, its been a miracle for me, after 3 months I have noticed an astonishing difference my hair must be 50% thicker and looks healthier. this combination has worked for me, 3 months cost about £12 for the lot. would highly recommend trying it for 3 months its not going to cost you the earth, i know it depends on the cause for the loss in the first place, but i do believe you have to treat from the inside not the outside.
    good luck its bound to work for some of you, if your cause is the same as mine x

11. nilupul says:

iam 39 years old.living in germany.doing music for more than 22 years . most of the time i breakrest.almost from 2 years time
    when i go to bed i cant sleep.it takes hours to sleep.so i wake up very late due to this problem.also most of the time i go to bed around 2 a.m.
    iam loosing my hair heavily.so i took some vit such as Centrum and some of ALDI products.but the result is O. also some good shampoos.but not effected to hair.what do i do now.pls iam awaiting for your earliest and good reply .thank you very much

Nilupul.

• JadeH says:

You might want to go and get your thyroid checked out. One of the things that happens when you do not have enough thyroid is that you wake up repeatedly during the night. Thus you lose your ‘deep sleep’ phase. If the sleep disturbance is from your thyroid then the reason you are waking up and not getting ‘deep sleep’ is because your pituitary activates to try and make up for your L3 levels (which is what your thyroid is supposed to naturally make).

Go and get the test. .4 to 5 is supposed to be acceptable but there is a group of top endocronologists that believe you should always be around a 1. Here in America, it’s partially controversial because american doctors have taken the stance that if you fall between the margin I stated above then you’re fine. The top endocrinologists however insist that 1 is the optimum level.

Long story short, many people who adjust their thyroids to a 1 end up regaining hair and have better sleep.

BTW, when your thyroid is not at optimum level the body has to decide where it is going to cut back first. And the first place it cuts back is your skin and thus your hair.

Good luck to you, but seriously, give it a shot.

12. macdee says:

For over the past three years, I have been experiencing hair breakage. I fear that if this continues, I will end up bald. You understand what that means for a woman. I nowadays avoid salon and styling my hair has been something I rarely do as any pulling of my hair with a comb only results to breakage and easy plucking off of the hair. What this article has made me understand is that there actually is a cure for this problem. I have faith that one of the vitamins that have been described above can help me sort out the problem. Well, I look forward to posting here on how beneficial any of the doctor’s recommendations on these vitamins helps me. I hope it works out well.

13. Scola says:

My hair line has been thinning for the last 5 years with most of the loss occurring in the last 12 months or so. It led me to searching for solutions on various websites to no fruition. I came across a recommended medication of taking bio-selenium tablets with zinc with a separate sea weed tablet. These has been like a miraculous revelation to me because there is notable improvement in my hair for the last around 4 months. Furthermore, this is guaranteed to set you back a mere 20 pounds or less and therefore quite pocket friendly and worth the try.

• Suzie says:

Can you please be more specific as to which vitamins and supplements you are taking? Such as brand of sea weed tablets and other supplements and the dose you are taking? Thank you.

14. Collins says:

I have loved this article as it has helped to answer most of my unanswered questions and am no longer in a dilemma. I have had this problem for quite some time whereby my hair has been thinning and slowly weakening. I realized that i was under so much pressure and was therefore ever stressed. After reading this article, i decided to get professional help and reduce my stress level. Overtime, this has had drastic effects and i can now rejoice that my hair is becoming more thicker and stronger.

15. Mariam says:

My hair has been one of the most difficult ventures that i have been faced with for several years. Any time i comb it, am always left with a lot of hair strands that entangle themselves on the comb. I have tried a lot of home care remedies that have not yielded any results. As such, after reading this article, i decided to try taking some of the pills recommended. I started on multivitamins and it is quite a marvel when i look back at what used to be my hair few months ago. I could say that these pills work and advise others to try them out.

16. zhenmaster says:

I had hair loss problem eight years ago due to stress and crazy work schedule. I was worried and asked around. A lady from China told me the way how they do it in China. So here it goes, get 50gm of ginger cut it into small pieces and then grind it with a mortar to smash it until it turns runny paste. You take a little bit (a tsp) each time to rub it on your scalp and comb your hair backward gently. Keep doing this for ten minutes. And you should feel a little bit pungent and warm on your scalp, thats because ginger juice together with combing action really increases the blood circulation of your scalp. You will receive better result If you add a capsule of Vita E (break the capsule & squeeze the oil) into ginger paste as Vita E is known for its tissue restoration property. Wait 30 mins before you wash it off so the Vita E can be absorbed. You need to have short hair to work this. I was told to use a wooden comb as plastic ones generate static when you comb which can be damaging to your pores. My pores had strengthened after taking this regimen, now i still do it every now and then. I can tell you this really works.

17. damayanthi says:

i need to know more from u regarding ur regimen and some doubts. can i use shampoo for hair wash after applying this thing? if so which shampoo it could be?

18. damayanthi says:

can i use shampoo after applying this? if so which one?

19. Tairus says:

Sometimes I get shocked with what I read from different posts. Here I read that stress can lead to baldness. Really? Then does it mean that the aged persons have stress that much or theirs is due to aging reasons? However, there are some elements of truth because I got young adult fellows who have their hairs thinning and falling such that the first thought you would have of them is that they are so elderly. I guess we should say, avoid stress and keep your hair.

20. Lindah says:

I think in as much as there are vitamins so important to keeping ones hair, there are situations whereby these vitamins cannot be of any help whatsoever. In the case of genetics and aging, vitamins play a minor role. I believe that aging comes with hair loss as it has ever been. It does not matter how much vitamins you feed your old man with, there is a point where the cells are just tired if I may say so. However if there is any better explanation to this I would be glad to learn.

21. nimrod says:

I choose to affirm that some drugs are responsible for their users’ hair loss. The high blood pressure drugs plus others mentioned in this post do cause some exfoliation as a side effect of the drugs usage. Lately, I was made aware that ARVs also cause baldness to the HIV positive individuals with a prolonged usage. I have failed to understand why the researchers have not come up with a solution to this since hair loss is not a side effect to overlook you scientists.

22. Ramsey says:

My granny has got a lot of hair, though grey. She is very old and some of her grown kids( uncles and aunt) have greys too and have started losing their hair but hers are intact. I wonder whether it is genetics or what, since menopause did not shave her nor the aging factor. She is protective of her hair and I wish to be like her but she tells us that none is going to be because days have changed and the sun too. I do not understand that but I better get keen with the advice of this article. Thanks.

23. Ramsey says:

I am happy to say that this post is informative and interactive. There is a lot of knowledge that one can get from it even beyond the subject of hair loss. I like the information on vitamins section where I get to know the importance of each and every vitamins to our body and more in relation to hair growth. For instance, I had idea that vitamin was very essential in building of hair strands. I think I should be reading more of these posts in order to get informed.

24. ohl says:

Great article! Any vitamin deficiency can lead to health problems and hair loss. It is best to try taking vitamins first before using a chemical treatment like Rogaine.

25. lee says:

I’m 61yrs of age. always worn my hair is long (pony tail) almost down to my waist., healthy hair in all respects. three months ago(Oct.2012) after a general health exam, blood work and such, my doctor told me my testosterone level was low. i started taking testosterone cypionate 2,000/10 ml (200 mg/ml) 2cc injections every two weeks. i begun to notice my hair falling after a month, (after i finished the first vial)..hmmm.wasn’t too concerned then. after i started the second vial halfway through this, that my hair came off in clumps..washing, combing.. i discontinued the injections, the hair falling of my head continued to a point that about 75% is gone. i have gained some re-growing with this regime:
    5000 mcg of biotin X2 a day. i treat my hair before washing with 1 part distilled water and 1 part organic vinigar (DATU PUTI brand vinigar bought from oriental/filipino store)..i leave it on 2-3 minutes. i wash my hair after that with a dht shampoo MY SECRECT CORRECTIVES, following the instructions. i use Rogaine to finish the regime. it works for me today, jan 26 2013, i see some very promising results..i will post progress every month. i pray that this will work for you too.

• Cebu Mabuhay says:

Hey guys, Got a problem on my hair too. It becomes thinner day by day. Does it really work? I will try to do it at home.

26. Ruddy says:

Two posts here are similar and about bio selenium and sea weed vitamins I wonder does this help? I am really confused what vitamin to take please help over 20years of hair loss and heartache.

27. dianne says:

i have thesame problem but i have thyroid and louse my hair i dont know how to stop

28. filly says:

I want that my hair fall should be stopped and my hair have an effect of re grow so plz help me from this problem………………………………..thnq……………………

29. cuteboy_marhsal says:

i started losing my hair when i was 15… now im 25 my hair still dropping.. i almost bald in center .. i dont hv any diseases… its male pattern bald.. n maternal grandfather bold too.. if its genetic .. can i anythng about that? o shud i take DHT blocker drug? but i afraid i loss my libido :P … i went to 2 hair care centers.. but the results still the same.. n its expensive too… they examined told me that i hv oily scalp n gt dandruff…. shud i take some supplement? do pls help me … :D thks in advance

30. talon says:

Had cortisone shots in the spine, last shot of 3 in april. My hair started falling out in april and has continued to get worse by the day. I probably have lost over 40% of my hair which was very thick before. I have read that this is a side effect for many people, so think about getting those shots. I’ll never do it again. I’m hopeing that it will stop soon, or I’m going to be bald.

31. Kim says:

I recently startedosing a LOT of hair & I’m a female 37.
    I went to Walmart to get the Rogain for women &
    talked to the pharamasist & she looked at me & said look
    U really need supplements & use Biotin. She took me over to them
    & said reall go to a natural store, don’t even buy
    them here. My hair is almost to my butt & (was) georgeous.
    I named off Trader Joe’s & she said no (like she wanted
    me to say the name) & I said Whole Foods & she said “yes”!
    So I went the next day & talked to a very nice lady & found their
    brand for $8.09 a bottle for 60 tablets that I take 1 a day.
    It’s 5mg’s which is 5,000 milligrams a day & that’s a lot.
    They had the shampoo & conditioner for $5.99 a piece so I got
    it also. I know mine is stress & I just started taking
    it Saturday July 20th & have noticed there’s not as much coming
    out & I’m trying to ease my stress. I have health issues (not little ones)
    & we are moving back home soon. We are sending our kids off in 2 days
    because my mother n law won’t stop bugging me to let them
    come & I won’t see them until I get there & then my
    husband is stating behind & packi g up the house & getting a job
    before he comes so he can continue to work & save $.
    So my stress is really up there plus I’m pretty much
    bed ridden & I guess I worry about the “what if”. Ill
    save this site & come back in about a month & let
    everybody know how my growth is coming back in.
    Bless you all, & now I know what it feels like to be a man losing their
    hair & I’m sorry.

32. snow says:

i have problem with ma hair its breakin cnt grow