Foods That Lower Blood Pressure
11 Foods that Lower Blood Pressure Naturally & 9 Foods to Watch Out For
Hypertension, or high blood pressure, kills a high number of people, and most people don’t even recognize the symptoms of high blood pressure until it is too late. There are many people who suffer from high blood pressure, but they write off the symptoms and indications of high blood pressure as stress, fatigue, exhaustion, or another cause. In order to know how to handle high blood pressure, it is important to be able to recognize the symptoms of the disease and prevent it from worsening in your body. Once you recognize the symptoms of high blood pressure, you can take the steps to correct it and prevent its getting worse.
There are many things that you can do to help keep your high blood pressure from getting worse. Avoiding high levels of stress is one of them, as is doing sufficient exercise. Following the right diet is a vital part of keeping your high blood pressure from getting too high, as the wrong foods can seriously irritate your high blood pressure and cause it to get out of control. In order to prevent high blood pressure from being a killer, people who suffer from hypertension need to find the right diet that will enable them to stay healthy and eat sufficient food without doing more damage to their body.
There are a number of foods that you should strive to avoid at all costs. These foods tend to irritate and elevate your high blood pressure, and you should keep the consumption of these foods to a minimum. Here are the main foods that you should watch out for as you are trying to keep your high blood pressure under control.
Foods That Lower Blood Pressure: Foods to Watch Out For!!
* Any condiments that have a high sugar, salt, and artificial preservative content. Artificial preservatives fill the body with toxins, and these toxins are usually the cause of high blood pressure due to the heart having to work overtime to pump blood. In order to keep your high blood pressure low, avoid products that contain MSG, any meat tenderizers, broth cubes, onion and garlic salt, barbecue sauce, steak sauce, soy sauce, and ketchup.
* Instant soups and canned soups often have high amounts of sodium in them, thanks to all the salts used to flavor the soups. They also tend to contain MSG and other preservatives, and they can be seriously hazardous to your health if they are not avoided.
* Pickled herrings, sauerkraut, olives, pickles, and relish can all seriously irritate your high blood pressure, and you should try to avoid these foods to avoid worsening your condition.
* Canned vegetables are often prepared with preservatives that keep them fresh inside the can. In order to avoid raising your blood pressure, try to avoid these canned vegetables. If you end up eating the vegetables that are canned in salt water or brine, make sure to rinse all of the vegetables thoroughly in order to remove as much salt from them as possible.
* Any instant meals and snacks tend to have high sodium content, and sodium is the prime killer when it comes to high blood pressure. Any frozen dinners or pizzas, instant noodles, or quick cooking rice will irritate your high blood pressure, so avoid them at all costs.
* Any salty snacks that you find at supermarkets will usually have a high sodium content. Pretzels and potato chips are the worst, though pork rinds and salted nuts are not far behind. Not only will these elevate your blood pressure, but they will clog your arteries with fat and force your heart to have to work even harder.
* Any cheese and cheese products can elevate your high blood pressure, thanks mainly to the high sodium content of these products. Buttermilk is also very high in sodium.
* Canned fish products like tuna, sardines, salmon, or mackerel tend to use salt in the canning process. This results in a high sodium content, and should be avoided. If you do eat fish for your health, make sure to wash it off thoroughly.
* Processed, dried, or cured meats also have very high sodium content, and you should eat these as little as possible.
Foods that Lower Blood Pressure:
There are a number of foods that you should try to eat as much as possible. All of these foods are excellent to help lower your blood pressure, and you will find that you feel a good deal healthier when eating these foods in large quantities.
* Lean meat is low in fat and low in sodium.
* Turkey and chicken are both low fat meats, as long as you remove the fat from the outside.
* Fish that is either fresh or frozen is very good for you, as it helps your blood to circulate better.
* Skimmed milk is a good dairy product to drink, as it is low in both fat and sodium.
* Whole wheat bread is excellent when consumed in smaller quantities.
* Cereals that are low in sodium are good to lower blood pressure.
* Rice and noodles, when eaten plain, can help reduce hypertension.
* Fresh vegetables are the best thing to eat to keep your blood pressure low, as the nutrients in the vegetables serve to nourish your entire body. Frozen vegetables that are low in sodium are fine, though most of the nutrients are gone from the food.
* Fruits are excellent to combat hypertension, as they have natural sugars that provide energy for your heart.
* Low sodium soups are good, as they will not irritate your hypertension.
* Vinegar, garlic and onion powder, oregano, parsley, and other natural herbs and flavorings are excellent, as is natural fruit juice.
As you can see there are quite a few Foods That Lower Blood Pressure, now go eat some!