Best Antioxidant Foods
Antioxidants are awesome nutrients, and you will find that getting more of them in your diet will do all kinds of things for your health. These nutrients will help to flush all the toxins out your body, fight off free radicals that could cause cancer, improve the health of your organs, and so much more. If you want to ensure that you are as healthy as possible, it’s a good idea to try and get more of these healthy nutrients. Here are some of the best foods to eat if you want to add more antioxidants to your daily diet:
- Red Beans – All legumes are excellent for your health, as they are rich in fiber and minerals. However, when it comes to antioxidants, you will find that red beans are the best for you. The flavonoids that give the beans their color are actually antioxidants, and they will help to protect you from cancer and a number of heart disorders. You will find that eating these beans even once or twice a week will do wonders for your health, and they’re a very tasty meal to serve –aside from being an incredibly healthy one as well!
- Blueberries – Blueberries are like tiny little balls of nutrients, and you will find that all berries will be excellent for your health thanks to their high vitamin content. What makes blueberries such an excellent choice is the fact that they have more antioxidants than almost any other berry found in the world. They are packed with anthocyanins, which are responsible for their color. These antioxidants are known to be a powerful cure for all kinds of ailments, as they help to fight off heart problems, strengthen your immune system, and more. If you want to be healthy, add a handful of these berries to your morning yoghurt.
- Chocolate – Yes, dark chocolate is something that you should eat if you want to be healthy! This is something that will be greeted with cheers, as everyone loves some chocolate. However, it’s important to note that ONLY dark chocolate will be rich in these nutrients, as all the other chocolates have had all kinds of sugar and other ingredients added to them. The dark, bitter, or bittersweet chocolate is rich in flavonoids that give them their dark brown color, and which will work wonders for the health of your heart and internal functions.
- Spices – For those that want to get the most antioxidants in the food they eat, spices are actually the best thing to eat. Surprisingly, a tablespoon of your average spice contains more antioxidants than almost any other food on the planet, and you will find that adding spices to your food is always the way to go. Cloves are the spices that have the highest ORAC capacity, which means that they are the most effective against harmful free radicals. If you want to ensure that your body continues functioning properly and gets rid of all those pesky toxins, spices are much better than artificial flavorings and sauces.
- Leafy Greens – Most people think that only fruits and other brightly colored foods are good sources of antioxidants, but did you know that dark leafy greens are actually one of the best places to get more of these nutrients. The veggies that are dark and leafy contain a lot of phytonutrients, which are antioxidants that will help to keep the heart working strong. You will find that adding just a few more servings of these foods to your diet every week will be wonderful for your health, and you will find that your body will be a lot healthier and happier as a result.
- Wine – Yes, wine is one of the foods to consume if you want to get more antioxidants. While it’s not strictly a food, it’s certainly something that everyone loves – and something that will help to give you a lot more antioxidants. Wine is rich in resveratrol, which is the nutrient that gives the red peel of the grapes their color. You will find that the rich, dark color of the wine is the resveratrol, which is a heart-smart nutrient that will help to fight cholesterol, prevent toxins from running around unchecked, and keep your body working well. As long as you consume in moderation, dark red wine, dark red grapes, and grape juice are all good for you.
- Green Tea – Green tea is rich in two types of antioxidants: EGCG and catechins. Both of these antioxidants will do wonders for your health, and you will find that your body will function a lot better thanks to these nutrients. If you want to improve your health, adding at least a cup or two of green tea to your daily diet is the way to go. You will find that black tea also has many of the same benefits.
- Tomatoes – Tomatoes are the best source of a special antioxidant known as lycopene, and this is one antioxidant that is directly related to the health of your heart. The interesting thing about these antioxidants is that they are actually made easier for your body to process when the tomatoes are cooked or stewed, which is why eating tomato sauce is so much better for you than eating raw tomatoes. You will find that getting plenty of lycopene is a good way to keep your heart healthy!
These are a few of the foods that you should eat if you’re serious about being healthy, as they are rich in these important antioxidants. However, in addition to all the antioxidants, they are loading down with all kinds of other nutrients that you need to be healthy. You will find that all of these foods will be excellent for your health, and they are all a very important part of a healthy diet. If you want to live a long and happy life, eating more of these foods is one of the best ways to increase your chances of doing so.